Sunday, August 27, 2006

i had a bad day!

what a disappointment... Army Half Marathon-conditionin made me run 6, 7, 8, 12, 14, n 16km... n i was all ready for the actual... i clocked 1hr 40mins for 16km, which gave me a remote chance for finishin 21km in 2hrs 15mins...

in the end all i got was cramp, more cramp, n all cramps...

i was breezin n runnin at quite a reasonable pace... but the last 3km was done walkin, occasionally stopped by the excruciatin pain to stretch my legs...

when i hobbled past the end point in 2hrs 36mins, i simply stopped at the barricade, hanged on to it as others streamed past me w smiles all round, as my legs gave way...

n the Straits Times AHM guide advises us to drink frequently, even when not thirsty, so i drank at most of the water points, being thirsty anyway... which isnt my runnin habit... in the end i apparently drank too much n vomited... haha... how pathetic can a person get...

2 comments:

  1. sigh, there are always times when we feel like the weakest people in the world, thinking, i want to do it but somethings just stopping me... especially when our health give way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you can sing a sad song just to turn it around

    ._.

    ReplyDelete