Saturday, November 05, 2016

"Leslie practised Buddhism, which to her was a philosophy and not an organised religion. In fact, Leslie abhorred all organised religions. To her, they were the most dangerous fairytales ever invented, designed to elicit blind obedience and strike fear into the hearts of the innocent and the uninformed. To her, the only thing worse than death would have been the knowledge that her rotting flesh was to be trapped for all eternity inside a big box. I quote, 'In the event of my death, I wish to be cremated. My funeral shall be a celebration of the life cycle with music and dancing. After, it is my expressed desire that my ashes shall be taken to a nondescript location, preferably public and heavily populated, at which point promptly and unceremoniously flushed down the nearest toilet.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment