Thursday, August 20, 2009

c'mon bocelli! c'mon nyjc!

WKWSCIDND2009: Old Tales of Hollywood

nyjcians in cs pageant. unheard of.



Lynn Ng Zhixin, 19
Cancer
Pre-Uni: Nanyang Junior College

"A cynic is one who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing. "

Her old Hollywood Idol
Audrey Hepburn. She's the epitome of perfection in both inner and outer beauty. Her physical beauty is an all-time classic while her charitable heart distinguishes her from other Hollywood beauties.

Her style
I enjoy experimenting with different styles. I like to mix and match items from my wardrobe to create different looks. However, I tend to favour demure styles more than others.

What she dislikes most/ most want to change about her body
None of my features can be called perfect by any standards, but that's what makes me. I wouldn't want to change any part of myself.

WARNING LABEL
I'm highly unpredictable. I tend to amuse friends with my random antics.

Her most romantic encounter
This is quite a tricky question because I've never been attached. I get my regular doses of romance from novels and television shows.

Best pick-up line
Someone asked me to think of a number between 1-10 and he managed to guess it correctly. When I asked how it worked, he said that he can read my mind. It's quite intriguing, I guess.

Most UN-GLAM moment
I was walking down the steps of an overhead bridge when I suddenly slipped and was somehow propelled forward a considerable distance. A random uncle in front of me had to grab me to stop me from falling further. I stood up and thanked the uncle graciously and continued to walk as glamorously as I could. 5 minutes later when I reached a deserted void deck, I started to bawl uncontrollably. But that was when I was 11 though.

Why we LOVE her anyway.
She embraces her flaws and we love her for that, we all know no one's perfect! And we're sure that the guys will be dying to be there to give her a hand the next time she slips.



Tan Sihan, 20
Virgo
Sports correspondent for Lianhe Zaobao
Helped out in local film sets
Part time model
Pre-Uni: Nanyang Junior College

"why do I always take a walk in the woods and not say anything until you turn to me and I take your face in both hands and kiss you."

His old Hollywood Idol
Monica Vitti. Not really a true Hollywood icon but she did cross over for a couple of films so that qualifies I hope. She starred in two of my favourite films of all time - L'ECLISSE and LA NOTTE. A timeless and haunting face with the deepest eyes and signature hair- they just do not make actrices in her mould anymore.

His style
I actually do enjoy shopping so that explains the number of jackets I have. I normally wear a plain shirt with a jacket over, be it leather, nylon, tweed etc. I try to purchase one off pieces and like to think that I have a unique and intriguing sense of fashion. It explains why a lot of people always ask where I get my clothes from and to me; it validates my point and awesome taste.

What he dislikes most/ most want to change about his body
The baby fats on my face. I'd like to look sleeker and more lithe.

WARNING LABEL
I am always hungering for cinematic instances and references in life and I tend to neglect the rest.

He scores
I believe that romance should never be classified into a singular thing. It should a gradual, persuasive constant. A more memorable highlight would be a date at Kranji War Memorial park.

Best pick-up line
Can I have the time? Can I have a minute of your time? On this (insert time, date etc) is the first time we've ever met. This minute belongs to us and it's a minute I'll never forget. May I have another minute?

Most UN-GLAM moment
I guess it's when I'm drunk.

Why we LOVE him anyway
He has all the traits of a sensitive new age guy, and honestly, what's not to like about a guy who has awesome taste in clothes and enjoys shopping to boot?

No comments:

Post a Comment