Monday, August 15, 2011

my moment

jeanette got me thinking about my contributions to our FYP. i told her i did nothing much compared to cheryl and weili, whom i thought did way more than me and her. i remember at certain times of the year i felt they were really doing a lot for us.

then recently, long after FYP, we had a thank-you dinner with hedwig. to my silent comfort, she revealed that one major factor that clinched our A was that last slide in our presentation (presentation ultimately decides markers' grades).

that slide, my groupmates might not remember, came from my gut.

the slide per se takes an introspective step away from the content of the project and reveals our personal takeaways on the subject after working on it for a year. it was very much, i reckon, a twist away from the usual stuff thrown at assessors.

but in my opinion, a student journalism project at the end of the day should always be about what the student journalists learnt. it's personal, and shows how the topic affected us.

that slide of course didnt decide our A grade, but i think it was my moment. i am pleased and satisfied.

we f*cking did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment